Monday, December 30, 2013

Estoy llena, si soy Jenna!


Happy New Year everyone!!
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas, I know I did! Christmas Eve we helped a lady make tomales, I don't think she trusted me with making them though because my job was to wash the leaves.. That's okay, it was still way fun to help out :) A family invited us over for Noche Bueno dinner, that was way fun! But holy smokes, we got so much food, our fridge is packed! On Christmas Eve nobody really had time to listen to us, but if we passed a members house they would run out and give us food. We got tomales up the yin yang, coconuts, popsicles, TorTrix (basically doritos) and hot chocolate. At the end of the day Hermana De Leon kept saying ahh, estoy llena, and the double ll here sounds like a J so I would respond, si Soy Jenna! Maybe it's a 'you have to be there joke' but we are still laughing about it! I got the best Christmas present, being able to hear my favorite people's voices!! Ahhh, that was the best, getting to talk to my loves :) A few days before Christmas, Hermana De Leon and I decided that we were going to work really hard on Christmas so we wouldn't get homesick, and that we did! Christmas afternoon we had a few lessons, invited 7 people to be baptized and set 4 baptism dates :) Mmmhmm, we were flying high on Christmas! And it didn't stop there because on Saturday we had a baptism, so we've been on a high lately :) I love this work! I may get a little frustrated with the language, but I have so much love for the people here it doesn't even matter!
Can you believe I've been out for 2 months today, happy cumplimes to me! haha! We went to the Zoo today as a district which was way fun :) We got to wear jeans.. holy smokes that felt weird! I don't know which is more comfortable honestly, I'm getting used to wearing skirts and dresses everyday!
I hope you all have a wonderful new year! I have a goal for this week and the rest of my mission, I want to remember to throw my toilet paper in the trash can.. I forget sometimes and I don't want to know what we will have to do if the toilet gets clogged.. yikes.. Have a great week! Thank you for everything you do for me and have a wonderful new year! Love you all :)
Love, Hermana Brems

                                           Cleaning the tamale leaves
                                   I wasn't so coo coo for the coconut, but it was fun
                                                   Christmas Eve Dinner

                     Christmas day! My cute outfit bag and slippers! (Thanks momma!!)
                                                      Ashley's baptism!
                            I love this place! Pretty sky and background!



                                                     Today at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment