Monday, January 6, 2014

Chapinga


Happy New Year family and friends!!
I hope everyones new year was fantastic, ours was pretty 'tranquila' haha! We were invited over to a members house for dinner, but she hadn't even started making it when we got over to her house.. chapinos.. haha So we helped her for a little while, in the end, we didn't get to eat at her house, but thankfully we had some tomales in the freezer and some cookies, so we partied! I never realized how soundly I slept, I didn't even hear the fireworks in our street at midnight! Hermana De Leon woke up so tired and I was like, what wrong?! She said the windows to our house were shaking and she couldn't sleep from the noise! oops!
This week has been pretty good, nothing too exciting happened until the weekend! On Saturday I taught English lessons, there's an Elder from Brazil that teaches Portuguese and Hermana De Leon and I teach English, it's pretty fun! I'm glad I paid attention in Kindergarten because songs are really helpful! Last week I taught them the ABC's song and this past Saturday I taught them head, shoulders, knees, and toes. It's actually benefitting me teaching English, because I learn spanish words as well, love it!
Okay now to the good stuff, the most amazing thing happened yesterday!! Sunday morning we always go and pick up our investigators, most of the time they can't come for some reason or another, but that's alright! We were doing our rounds and we just decided to go to Carlos' house, he's an 11 year old boy that we had taught once. We weren't going to get him because his house is way far away, but I am so glad we did! It was fast and testimony meeting so Hermana De Leon and I bore our testimonies, and after we sat down Carlos asked if he could share his. We just looked at each other and were like, uh yeah! What are you going to say?! It's his first time going to church and he bore his testimony!!! After church we were asking him what he thought about it and he told us, he wanted to be baptized and is ready. Uhhh.. dream investigator or what?! We went over to his house after church, he asked us to, to share a little message and extended the baptismal committment. We need to get permission from his mom because he's only 11 and he has to attend 7 times, but he will be baptized March 1st!
I hope you all had a fantastic week :) I love you all so much and I am loving the work! Spanish is coming along, I'm starting to connect the dots with this beautiful language, but it's taking it's time and I'm practicing patience :) haha! Love you!
Love, Hermana Brems
                                           We walked with this butterfly for like a mile! haha
                                                 One huge rooster! Holy smokes haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment