Monday, November 25, 2013

Don't Be Fubeca!


Hello Everyone! Well, the first month has been a success! All my skirts and dresses still fit, I haven't missed a day of writing in my journal, and Hermana Cabral and I still get along great! Whenever we start to get off task we look at each other and say 'Don't be fubeca!' which is portugese for a slacker! It definitely works :) haha For the last 2 weeks in the CCM, my district decided that we were only going to speak spanish from 9-5.. it'll be so helpful and I'm glad we're doing it, but classes will be a lot more quiet! We get a new batch of Latino missionaries on Wednesday, when they come in hermana Cabral and another hermana from my district are going to join one of their districts because they're really advanced in Spanish. I'll be companions with Hermana To'a, she's from Laie Hawaii, she's super fun so I'm excited. We're on the same level as far as the language is concerned so I think it'll be beneficial for all of us. We won't be able to depend on our companions spanish during lessons, we'll have to do all the talking! Oh, the funniest thing happened the other day! I was in need of a hug.. it was just one of those days.. so I told Hermana Cabral and she didn't think I was serious! We went upstairs to brush our teeth and I just kinda hugged my pillow for like 10 seconds and I felt a little better! haha Then yesterday she was like, wait, when you said you needed a hug, were you serious? I was like, YEAH! That's why I grabbed my pillow! She felt so bad.. esta bien though! Tomorrow for Pday we get to go to Wal Mart, we're all stoked to be able to get out of the gates of the CCM! Don't get me wrong the CCM is great and I am living it up and enjoying hot showers and good food, but it is kind of confining. We were talking to some native girls, about the different missions in Guatemala, they said that Coban is like a ranger mission. So basically only the tough survive.. they started laughing so hard because I guess my face looked as scared as I felt! haha! I'll come back loving camping, or I'll be really good at it, it's a win win in both situations! We watched a devotional by Elder Bednar again, at the end of his talk he was saying that he wishes he could shake all of our hands, look us in the eye and tell us that We Can Do This! Yeah, I started crying, that was exactly what I needed to hear! Again, it's just been one of those weeks.. but hearing that from one of the apostles of the Lord was like music to my ears! I love the gospel and I am so grateful for the opportuninty I have to bring it to other people's lives. In honor of Thanksgiving, I'll close this letter with 3 things that I'm thankful for, I can't not follow family traditions! 1. I am so thankful for my amazing family and knowing that families can be together forever. That is one of the greatest blessings in my life to know that I can always be with my amazing family. 2. I am so thankful for the gospel and the truth and happiness it has brought to my life. 3. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord for 17 more months of my life. No matter how hard things get, I know He is always by my side, holding my hand and cheering me on. I love you all and I'm so thankful for you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love, Hermana Brems

No comments:

Post a Comment