Monday, November 11, 2013

No good or Si good


Hola Family and Friends!
I'm writing today because we get to go to the market tomorrow! I'm so stoked, every 2 weeks we get to do an activity outside of the CCM. We get our cameras back for the day too! It's been a great week here in Guatemala! I've learned so much and I'm always so happy and energetic! I think it drives Hermana Cabral a little crazy, but I'm just always way happy! I think it helped that one of my teachers said that 'With the Spirit you can speak Spanish' holy smokes, I was like dude you're totally right! I've been trying to study as much as I can and I know with work, patience, and help from the Lord I will be able to speak. I have been focusing mostly on getting the doctrine down and making sure everyone is happy haha!
I am learning pretty quickly that it's the little things in life that are the best. The other day we had Ghiardelli brownies for dessert... oh my gosh, I was like YES!! I can do this, life is good, just everything seemed possible in life because of that dang brownie! haha And we had cereal for breakfast yesterday... those good good Frosted Flakes were so bomb. haha! Since I'm talking about food, I'll explain my subject title. The Hispanas always ask if we like the food and we've been trying to help them with their spanish. One of them was like, Hermana Brems, su comida, no good or si good? Ahhhh I died laughing! Maybe it way a 'you had to be there moment' but I've been laughing about it all week!
Yesterday we had 'transfers' so we switched companions for a few hours. My temporary companion was from Mexico! We talked about that for a few minutes because I can only hold a very sad conversation for that long. She kinda got annoyed with trying to figure out what I was saying so she didn't really talk to me anymore.. esta bien.. haha! After we were done with transfers the Norteamericanos went to a different room and we watched 2 movies, the Legacy and The Testaments. There wasn't a dry eye in the room after we finished The Testaments movie. A little later we watched a broadcast that was held a few years ago in the Provo MTC by Elder Bednar, man he's the best. But we stood up and sang Called To Serve. Gosh, I get chills everytime we sing that, Theres probably 50 Nortes, so 50 young adults singing their hearts out about being called to serve a mission for the Lord. I feel very blessed every single day! I have the best job in the world.
Life in the CCM is great, well it gets better everyday! The first week was rough, but now it's pretty awesome. We wake up at 6:30 and are busy until 10:30 so it's a long day, but I always feel very very accomplished after, and very very tired! I sleep like a rock. The weather is so nice, but it's winter here so all of the locals are wearing jackets and scarves and what not, it's kinda funny. I'm surprised I don't notice the humidity as much, but then again I'm in a classroom all day and not trekking around outside! haha!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thank you so much for all of you support, even though I'm so far away, I feel very close and connected to you! I love you and miss you all :) Talk to you next Tuesday!
Love,
Hermana Brems

No comments:

Post a Comment