Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Few, The Proud, The Missionaries


Why hello everyone! It was so good to hear from all of you, the first week in the CCM has been pretty good, it definitely gets better everyday! Guatemala is so beautiful, so green and flowers everywhere, I wish I could take pictures and send home, but they have a really strict rule about no pictures inside the building.. a little weird, it´s nice and all, but not anything fantastic haha! So there are Latinos up the yin yang here!! Like 3/4 of the missionaries here are Latino, they´re all really nice and love helping us out (mostly making fun of us) with our Spanish. We have a deal with them, we teach them one English word a day and they teach us one Spanish word a day. The first few days I was getting SO frustrated with myself because Spanish is not coming easily to me, but I figure I´ve only been here a week and I still have 18 months to learn, no rush! haha Hermana Cabral and I share a room with 4 other Latina´s, they wanted to be in charge of the alarm so I said, by all means go for it! Well, Friday they turned on the lights and I looked at my watch and it was 7:30!! I panicked!! We missed Sports, which is one of my favorite times of the day, and we were so tired all day long. We learned early to ALWAYS wake up at 6:30, the Lord really does bless those who are obedient! I guess the Hermanas felt bad for waking up at 7:30 so on Sunday they decided to wake up at 5:45... oyy Hermana Cabral and I just stayed in bed even though they were talking and had the lights on. They are really sweet though, and always are laughing and trying to help us with Espanish. Our whole district is teaching a guy named Jose, he is a cook in the kitchen so he´s like a legit investigator. The lessons have been going pretty well, it´s hard to teach as a district because sometimes he hears things like 5 times in one evening.. poor guy. I miss all of you so much and think about you all everyday! I feel so blessed to have a family that I miss so much, I know there are missionaries that aren´t so fortunate. Oh, they totally throw you into the fire in the CCM, we´re praying and testifying in Spanish and they have us write a minute talk every Sunday and you get called randomly.. how nerve wracking right? Sorry there are no paragraphs, that key on my keyboard isn´t working apparently.. Today we got to go to the temple, it was so lovely, I absolutely love the temple! After we were done with that I ordered my some custom made leather scriputure covers! I think they´ll be pretty good looking! Well, I love you all and I´m so thankful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord, it is definitely the best decision I have made so far. At times it´s hard and frustrating but that´s life and it will only prepare me for the rest of my life! Have a wonderful week and I´ll talk to you next Tuesday! Adios :)      Love, Hermana Brems 

No comments:

Post a Comment