Monday, January 26, 2015

'Shake It Off'


Taylor Swift couldn't have said it better right? Just shake it off.. haha This week was just one big trial and lesson with the members. I have learned so many valuable lessons about reliability, love, and helping others. I know the kind of person/member I want to be when I am not a missionary! I'm so thankful for the trials that Heavenly Father is putting in front of me and that I can learn them here and while I'm young! Woohoo :) And it was super bad but we were finishing a lesson and Hna Portillo was praying and all of a sudden the son Shake It Off came on... I might have started dancing in my seat a little bit hahaha just kidding :) 
We had suprise divisions this week, the sister trainers came knocking on our door and said suprise! It went really well though and the hermana said it was refreshing to go on divisions with us because we work hard and talk to lots of people and teach really well :) So good to hear. She also told us that we shouldn't ever get discouraged because we are literally in one of the hardest missions. She said not to compare ourselves to other missionaries in other missions because we're lucky as a mission to get 10 baptisms and that's like a month average for some missionaries! haha So that was also nice to hear!
Jorge and Victoria's dad signed their baptism papers wooohooo!!! Now they just have to pass their interview and they'll be baptized as members of the church :) They are going to be such wonderful example to their family, their mom is a super less active and is so excited for them and wants to go to church, but is going to wait until the building is done with construction here in Salama. Only 1 more month!
Well that was this week! I hope you all have a wonderful week and know how much I love you :) I'm learning more and more everyday about how amazing the Atonement of Jesus Christ is and how important this work is. Remember every member is a missionary forever and ever :) 
Love, Hermana Brems
Oh and congratulations Elder Del Toro on being the Assistant to the President :) I'm so proud of you and thankful for your example!
Making the donuts! sorry, only one pic today!

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to be able to keep up with your mission, Sister Brems! Heavenly Father gives the hardest trials (and missions) to his most valiant children. Keep your chin up! Your work has such a profound eternal impact and I'm praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete