Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hello


Hello everbody!
I made it to Guatemala!! There was about 32 of us coming from the states, it was a pretty cool sight, there were 7 hermanas and the rest Elders. It was funny, lots of people thought we were bankers haha. I only have 5 minutes to write so sorry this note is so short! Just know that I'm alive and learning the ropes of the MTC. They took our cameras so I won't be able to send pictures until I'm out in the field. They told us that in Coban there will be several different Indian dialects that we have to learn in order to communicate. We started working on Spanish and hearing that made me SO overwhelmed, but I know I will be blessed. The MTC President said that we are no longer in the world, but we have taken a higher name upon us. I thought that was a really cool way to think about being a missionary! My p-day is Tuesday and we get to go to the temple!!! It's like a 3 minute walk, so we'll get to go every week! My companion is from Brazil, her name is Hermana Cabral, she went to BYUI for 2 years and knows really good English! There are 10 of us in my District, 6 Elders and 4 Hermanas. The "seasoned" MTC missionaries are really nice and helpful, they are all super happy and bubbly and love it here! Very reassuring to me, the first day was a little hectic because we have no idea what to do or where to go! I have to go, but I love you all and I'm so thankful for all the support! Talk to you Tuesday :)
All my love,
Hermana Brems

No comments:

Post a Comment